4G Converter Kit - MultiTech includes: Converter Box, Serial Cable, 2 Paddle Antennas, 4 Zip Ties and 2 Alcohol Wipes.
Limited Warranty for 4GC devices. Zonar warrants that the 4GC Devices (4G converters to convert a Zonar V3 GPS unit to use 4G wireless data transfer service instead of 3G wireless service) shall be free from all material defects in workmanship under normal use and service for a period of 2 years (from the date of shipment).
Install Video and Instructions: https://support.zonarsystems.net/hc/en-us/articles/4411186766733
1. Locate the V3 telematics control unit. Confirm the serial number located on the back of the unit is assigned to the conversion kit.
2. Turn the vehicle on. Make sure the Cellular signal light on the V3 unit turns solid green.
3. Connect the serial cable connector into the converter box.
4. Connect the other end of the serial cable into the 6‐pin port on the V3 unit.
5. Use zip ties to secure the converter box to the cable assembly and to manage cable slack. Use zip tie adhesives to
affix the zip ties to the vehicle.
CAUTION: Do not place the converter box directly on top of the V3 unit, other radios,
or other sources of electrical noise.
6. Attach the two antennas to the coaxial terminals on the converter box.
7. Secure the antennas to the vehicle:
a. Clean and dry the surface on which the antenna will be affixed.
b. Remove the adhesive backing.
c. Press the antenna in place to secure.
Note: Set the antennas at least 8 inches apart from each other and 10 inches away from people.
8.Check the V3 telematics unit. A red Cellular signal light indicates that the converter box is functioning and a 4G signal is present.